Friday 9 March 2018

It's civil service, not civil slavery...

Our Civil Service has two types of servants: the sycophantic ‘House Servants’ and the altruistic ‘Field Servants’. It’s like it was in the days of slavery, you know: ‘House Negros’ who will do anything to stay in good standing with the master, and the conscious ‘Plantation Negros.’ Perhaps history is repeating itself, or maybe some attitudes don’t go away.

Like the 'House Negros’, the House Servants are those with a false sense of higher status than the others, because think they’re closest to the master (boss), and perhaps so because they even dine with the master (boss). They get gifts like used suits and ties, and showered with promises unending, so they gotta look out for the master (boss). I have no problems with that. What I think is fucked up is doing it at the expense of hardworking ‘Field Servants.’ But of course, those with false authority are sometimes bigger assholes than people with real authority. 

It saddens me that in this 21st Century Gambia, with all the knowledge and college education, we have many who serve not the Service, but the master (boss), and as if slaves… all because they don’t want to face up to adversity. They’d rather surrender their independence, elect expediency over values, benefit above compassion, than go through the troubles and hardships of life. So vain and so devoid of sense of consequence!

This is why most of them become bitches, mitches, snitches, ultimately leeches to their ditches. Don’t ask me, I’m a plantation servant, often negatively branded, yes, but I love it. It means I have a mind of my own. Well, needless to say, coming from where I come from, I cannot bow down to any slave master.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...