Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year, Gambia!

When you think "time flies," it means you're having fun, or enjoying health, vigour of body, mind, and spirit. Still, January 2017 feels like yesterday, but it was a pretty cool year. I made new connections, kept my old friends and love them even more, prayed and I pray for all those who couldn't make the journey. I have never blocked anyone on here. I had some challenges, confronted demons, some I overcame, and some I gotta brew a barrel of whoopass for - the can wasn't as effective.

I think the year was even more awesome at national level.Two decades of a very powerful idiocracy eventually neutralised, the head ousted, isolated and possibly broke. Of course leaving behind lots of damages and bad feelings. Commissions set up, people once glorified now de-glorified, some (perhaps unreasonably) demonised for having just served under the shitstem.

I hope all the wounds will in time be covered with scars of fortitude, because I ain't gonna lie, the pain reawakens each time the many touching, tragic, and shocking accounts are being narrated, and as we remember those who paid the ultimate. Swear down I'm usually discreet about personal issues but I know the feeling; there's a certain song I don't listen to, because it was the tune playing on the radio before my family's share of the agony of that dark chapter was aired.

Well, it's safe to say that by God and collective effort, The Gambia is homing in on very welcoming democratic solutions. Yeah dread, I wasn't born under Jammeh's reign, so believe me when I say things have started looking up. I hope the radical political, foreign, fiscal and economic policy changes being made will be seen to. And did you notice, our President's handshakes are now more presidential than it was talibeh-like? But that's by the way.

Really, unlike the second towards third quarter of the 2017, I think we are finally fostering unity. Now most of the discord and the incessant tolay-ya that you read on here are sourced from pseudo, irrelevant, and irreverent social media profiles and pages that are just trying so hard to cause division over nothing, using their clueless followership to drive the wedge deeper, but it wouldn't fly. May 2018 be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...