Sunday 28 January 2018

New Gambia, what's next... ?

Any preelection agreement or promise that our politicians might have made was like bandage on a cut. At the time, The Gambia couldn't afford another political hemorrhage, so they did what they did to stop the bleeding, and for a while. But, that's just an opinion, and here's another theory as to what next:

See, when presented with the unexpected, people soon adapt, most people that is. So they feel entitled. I don't know, I'd suppose our president knows that he naturally has a lot like that appointed around him - people who, even if he's not interested in reelection, they're too smitten with their newfound statuses they will make sure he is, means to it regardless.

I just hope the good of the country will prevail in whatever comes about. But then, if age taught me anything, it's that in this life, what's considered good or bad, the right thing or the wrong thing, truth or falsehood, all depend on which side or whose side one's on, discretionary more like, and I'm not sure if that's a promising thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...