Wednesday 10 January 2018

About President Barrow's Honourary Degree...

Today, even a handsome donation to an institution of higher learning can earn one an honourary degree, and that's not just in The Gambia.

So, if the University of The Gambia chooses to confer an Honourary Doctorate Degree upon the Chancellor of their University, which chancellorship itself is as purely ceremonial as the degree, in my opinion, it's just what it is: a mark of honour, and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Should the President start getting all whingy if we don't address him as Dr. Barrow, that becomes a different ball game. But until then, I think our political precautions are becoming so phobic, like we are all doctorated in some branch of science that deals with the mutating processes of dictatorships.

Wait, do you know that even I'm an honourary father of a 'compin' and I haven't fathered anyone yet? See, you wouldn't because it didn't inflate my ego, even though I go to some ceremonies and these ladies will be like, come, father; you can sit here. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...