Monday 1 January 2018

One who isn't contented is ungrateful...

When we get accustomed to the things that were once privileges, they become so usual we feel so entitled, and we become discontented when don't have them, hence difficult, bitter and ungrateful.

If you ask me, all what you need to live happily this New Year and ever after is contentment, because you can't have it all, and you don't need to. If you're a giver, or a people-pleaser, same difference: you can't keep everyone pleased, and you don't need to.

My friend, even nature couldn't do it for me. Yeah, growing up, I thought 6ft wasn't bad for a basketball player, so 6ft I wanted. Eventually, I grew 4 inches taller, got used to the height and I started wishing I were a foot taller: 7ft 4" - yuh see mi?

My boss said: Give a man in need 1000 for the first time and he'll be excited like: "OMG, thank you so much! God will reward you with goodness." Give him 1000 for a second time and he'll seem so wanting in desire: "Oh, place it there for me!" Give him 1000 for a third time and you'll seemingly irk him, and he'll say: "here comes Mr. 1000. He doesn't give anything but that, ugh!" It's a social reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...