Tuesday 12 September 2017

The Commission of Inquiry!

I looked forward to it so badly, and now that it's happening, the effect is debilitating. I see learned people on the high table, seemingly valuing honesty and order than anything, seeking to unravel the truth, throwing questions that those responding would rather they wouldn't, probably feeling envious of those institutions that stayed off the radar of the plunder.

I see some respondents fumble for answers, especially when a question puts them on the spot, like they're being caused to think faster than their usual intelligence. I sense a lot of complicity, but I also see circumstantial perps and collateral victims. I see technocrats that I once thought knew everything, now taking the trouble of proving that where there's dictatorship or idiocracy, the rifle is mightier than the pen. I hope a wake-up call and death to whatever it was that caused that shitstem that we once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...