Saturday 5 August 2017

Bolt's last, Kagame's just getting started.

Usain Bolt: Usain St Leo "Lightning" Bolt, OJ, CD. You're the greatest sprinter of all-time; that's established, and no legendary figure can come classier. For my part, I'm just so glad that I'll be able to tell my kids about the amazing things you did, and that I was a contemporary. Respekt konkrete bredda. Big up and good luck to new beginnings.

Well, in sports, we retire. Politicians don't want to leave, so I digress:

In politics, whenever you hear unanimous decision, it's never a 100%, best believe. There's always a dissenting voice that's suppressed. So, just because a thing's the majority's decision doesn't always make it the wisest.

Anyway, 99% of Rwandans have made their position clear by renewing the incumbent's almightyship, like it's usually done in Africa, and as they did during their referendum - you know, allowing Paul Kagame to remain in power until as far as 2034.

It's democracy, so I wouldn't call it a foolish majority. In fact, good luck with the man. However, my thoughts and prayers are with that wise 1% of Rwandans who voted for change. I feel that they deserve my prayer for the fortitude to bear whatever it is that their fears are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...