Sunday 27 August 2017

Being open is virtue...

I'm a discreet person myself, pretty much. Perhaps why I admire people who are respectful of privacy. But don't confuse it with what the Wolof's call "hoet" (overly concealing and so secretive that you can pretend naïveté), especially in dealing with those you call friends; that's so deceptive.

Really, it's easier to vibe with people who don't mask their feelings, whose honesty, even though blunt and often bizarre is admirable, because you know where you stand with them. You can rest assured that when you offend them, they'll tell you rather than hold some ill-feeling about some mistreatment that you don't even remember doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...