Saturday 20 August 2016

Street professionals...

Ask the pseudo-intellectual what he thinks about street folks, and four allegations will manifest: unstable, uneducated, unwilling to work, and dishonest. You know, like a losing genre? But tell you this: I see more business minded folks in the streets than in corporate circles. In fact, half the upper middle class got no initiative. Their enterprises are at the mercy of money provided as funds. But even at that, they can't advance without a consultant, for inspiration on how to write a business plan, and a couple weeks training on entrepreneurship. Still good, but that formality makes me laugh.

Give the street nigga a used gadget and tell him how much you want for it. Two days he brings your cash and keeps his commission, but that is if he doesn't pimp out that gadget to get two more for it; that's how ingenious he is. Two, three commissions is enough to start his own thing. Seen a nigga sell phone chargers for a living, today he's the proud owner of "xxx mobiles." That's what's up! The street professionals that I know don't stay employed, not because they're arrogant, but because they're creators, and excuse the brag but a salary can't afford a creator's lifestyle.

Formal education? Go tell that to your everyday working-class; I mean those around with D150 pair of "full shoes." Haven't you seen Spud Webb dunk over 7 footers? Isn't Tupac Shakur's life and works being studied by Uni students of history and poetry? The other day, I was reading a business journal and I saw educated professionals grumbling about their uneducated employers. I was like: wow, shouldn't it be the reverse? Funny much! Now I feel I gotta turn these lines into rap lyrics - hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...