Friday 8 July 2016

Player dilemma..

Being a serial dater, a charmer, or a player can be an awesome experience - methinks, I cannot confirm. But I know it can be very dilemmatic someday - when you have to wife up. Lord help you if you should find them all so nice and wifely - you know, that agonising moment of finally proceeding with the decision to appoint one and disappoint the rest.

But you can do like that bank messenger who anytime he scores a favour from one of his bosses, he'll promise the person a namesake - if his pregnant wife happens to be delivered of their baby that is.

The child came and it was a boy. On the day of naming, the Imam asked who the child was gonna be named after. Looking in the faces of his promisees, who all came loaded with gifts to celebrate their namesake, dude froze, and the Imam was like: "my friend, tell us something now!" Pointing to the pool of aspiring namesakes he said to the Imam: "tuday nako gaayi" (I have named him after them).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...