Tuesday 26 April 2016

Time...

So I asked this my instructor of a lawyer why judges are referred to as "Lords" and "Worships," and he said: "we represent God on Earth." Whether he was kidding me or not, I couldn't tell but my opinion is, except by sanctifying grace, no honourific prefix can elevate a natural human being beyond regular.

To me, the only thing that resembles a representative of God on this planet is 'TIME.' Time as in consequence, as the master, and the thing of essence; time that changes things, reveals true colours, renders grief finite and brings forth new beginnings; time that reminds you of how real your struggle was; time that heals wounds and gives hope, and time as in 'Surah Al Asr' (The Declining Day, The Time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...