Wednesday 6 April 2016

My likes and dislikes...

If the rule is to love for others what I love for myself, then I think I am in observance. But I am not going to lie or pretend to like everyone because I don't. I don't like carriers of certain attitudes so I cannot like everyone, and not everyone is expected to like me. And I am sure I am not alone in this; just that some won't say it. In fact, if there was a scriptural directive that commands me to like everyone irrespective, like it is with some people and their obsession with "likes" on here on social media, I will go to hell because I can't.

Now about my dislikes, I hate to be a victim of gossip, but gossip hits home because I do it all the time, so I am not talking much until I am able to refrain from it for good. Apart from that, you'll notice that for the most part, my dislikes below are the same as my likes, but acted upon beyond accepted boundaries, making transgression my biggest dislike.

I like self-confidence but I hate arrogance and belittling attitude. I am okay with self-preservation but not when it leads to selfishness and grudge. I like frankness but I dislike rudeness. I like modesty but not when it is completely devoid of personal pride; that's foolishness. I like people who aren't empty; people who can talk, but only when they can listen too.

I like achievers but not achievements leading to empty boasting. I like people that are loyal to other people, but not when they go about snitching on others for personal gains. I like jokes that are motivated by habitual acquaintance, but I dislike open disrespect and willful scorn. I like precautions and forethought but I dislike needless naysaying and negativity, and last but not the end of my likes and dislikes, I like someone who is motivated to excel, but not when greed is the motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...