Monday 27 July 2015

Some amity is worse than enmity…

My very wise friend once told me in Wolof, he said: "so ehwor suba, ganarr reetay la, dawal ndik hamo num fananor." What he meant was: if you wake up in the morning and the chicken that's expected to be struck by fear on seeing you pursues you, try and run away because you don't know what she's slept or woken up with.

And this is not so uncommon these days. Your best buddy that you roll with can wake up one morning and hate you for nothing. This is why I feel more at ease dealing with open enmity than ambiguous amity.  I can’t just overstand why we cannot have the will to want to treat each other in a way that will leave no regrets...eh?

How do I mean is, enemy or friend, to me it doesn't matter what you choose to be, knowing that we cannot love everyone, but we can be singularly clear in what we are to each other, so that we'll know how to approach and deal with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...