Monday 20 July 2015

It is what you make it.

In this (our) age of interactive technology, it'll definitely take so much will and reserve to be literate and be able to stay away from social media. But greater strength, willpower and lack of naiveté is to be on social media and be able to use your franchise for all the best reasons.

In fact half the virtual circle I keep and those accused of spending too much time on social media are free from pettiness, meanness and dubious conduct. So, don't be so quick to pass judgement on who's here for what. These things are what you make them. I call it relativism of purpose and perhaps intent.

Personally, I don't want to imagine how my life would have been without social media and this sophisticated smartphone of mine; no brags. Today I am afforded a one stop source for happenings all around the world and in my palm - ain’t that awesome? All I need is the intelligence to tell between the believable and the discardable.

May God bless all thinkers and redeem all tinkerers from the clutches of meddlesomeness. Especially those who tinker with other people's businesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...