Wednesday 1 July 2015

The intolerant tolerants…

Based on the debates and random commentaries on here regarding same-sex marriage, I have observed that there's in fact more tolerance from those who condemn the act towards the sympathisers of the act than there's from the sympathisers of the act towards those who criticise the act.

I have not seen a dialogue between the two that didn't end in the sympathiser calling the condemner "holier-than-thou" or "smugly moralistic". But I have not yet seen a condemner calling a sympathiser 'hypocritically impious' or "profaner-than-thou " - but this is just a personal observation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...