Saturday 21 July 2018

Gambian journalists...

The Gambia, in the past, due to media censorship operations, being a straight-talking reporter, in the face of all the fetters, and free thereof, was as hard as trying to grasp a shadow.

I ain't blaming none, even I would rather speak in parables.

However, today that there’s Freedom of the Press, we have two extremes:

1) reporters who are obviously in bed with the leadership, and

2) the presstitutes (those who misleadingly tailor their reports to fit opposition and often divisive agendas).

I know... for sure, like most rules, there are exceptions, and here’s to those badasses: may we know them. May we be them. May we be able to inspire many to want to be them, because with their objectivity, our democracy will go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...