Tuesday 24 July 2018

60 Mosques - so what?

60 mosques shared out among 43 districts, given the number of villages and towns in a district is not as nation-shattering as the chattering on here.

Me? If the Press Secretary said it’s not public funded, Parliament, the Director of National Treasury and the Auditor General don’t think otherwise, I don’t care what business or individual is funding the project, and I doubt if disclosure of source is required. All I know is: money buys access, and so the moneyed will always have a voice above you and I.

About the mosque seeking communities, they just want to worship as they will; they want a place to preside over their marriages and honour their dead. If they think their existing grounds aren’t fit for all that, just like some creepy mosque I once prayed at somewhere in CRR, a mosque may not be your priority but it’s theirs.

And just like me seeing the president and asking him for a basketball court at SK East is no threat to soccer, asking for a new mosque is no threat on anyone’s secular welfare, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...