Tuesday 10 July 2018

Moderate is best...

The Gambia will be so ungrateful to NOT appreciate all who made the fight against dictatorship a triumph, be you fighting from abroad or ayard, especially given the fact that it wasn't as popular nor easy; y'all deserve presidential medals of honour.

However, what I find hard to indulge on here are the excesses of those who want to wear "you owe me" attitudes about it. I think it's unreasonable to expect this "New Gambia" to revolve around your demands. 

Even Moses, who, by God's will, delivered the Israelites from bondage wasn't as entitled. But that's perhaps because Moses was reasonable enough to know that even good things can become destructive if taken to excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...