Sunday 9 July 2017

Yay, I was a source of inspiration! lol

Wowed by her almost flawless command of the English language, I asked where she schooled at. She said: "I'm a dropout." Don't say that girl; it's belittling, I replied. Where I come from, we'll call you "an early school leaver," and I suggested she says so.

It was one hell of a chat, but the good thing was, we agreed that school that she left perhaps provides the most popular access to education, but not the only source. The discussion ended in her motivation to learn a skill.

Couple years later - last week precisely, we met, and I was like: wow, look at you. I won't ask; you're definitely doing good. She laughed and said: "I know. I'm now a cosmetologist, and largely thanks to you," she added.

Now ain't that a beautiful feeling - I mean knowing how uplifting you're perceived? In this our age, like DJ Khaled, I believe it's one thing watching one's back, but more importantly when you get out the shower, dry your back. It's a cold world out there, especially for a young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...