Friday 14 July 2017

Patience is still a virtue...

In this crocodile world, I wish I could confirm that hard work will always meet with success. What I can assuredly say is that patience always pays off. It's a virtue; it vindicates.

Once upon a time, shit happened and I thought I couldn't take it. Almost vindictive I became - so I averred: bring it on! War you want? War you'll bomboclaat get.

A trusted adviser suggested unto I: "I know you're pissed and it's justified. Still, seek help through patience and prayer." Spare me that consolation, I retorted. But I tried anyways. Today, I see eyes that cannot even look at me, humiliated tongues and disgraced fingers once pointed at me. Now I am here 'effing their feelings and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...