Sunday 2 July 2017

Survival isn't a fair fight...

Survival isn't a fair fight, that's a fact. But in this our privatised world where obligation is becoming increasingly exclusive, where who wins and who loses is premeditated, where the name one drops as reference is proof of ability, more like all one needs to get a fight rigged in one's favour, like dad's father's once did pops, you wonder if the root cause of this unfair fight is in fact natural.

Here's my "conspiracy" theory regarding perpetration: the powerful few, those who keep tipping the scales when they want theirs to win the fight, those who unduly raise the bar so that some will live and die as peons, and the selfish complacency of some doormats. Allow that to marinate whilst I sell some dope... oops! I mean some hope to the hopeless.

Like I told the young man selling socks and hand towels at Westfield: never let anyone to downplay your grind. Screw all the lies that they'll indict you for. Some people were born to succeed and you're one of them. I told him that he doesn't necessarily have to inherit it or win it to be it, that it takes time, persistence and a lot of going against the odds, but by God, he'll break out. For the record, I'm not disgruntled. I'm just glad that God did not grant my request for a pistol at eighteen, because I might not have lived beyond nineteen, and certainly wouldn't have seen things the way I see them at these post-teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...