Tuesday 19 August 2014

Throwback!



Throwback to memories of many moons ago, when Michael Jordan jerseys, Dennis Rodman Converses, Patrick Ewing 33s, Air Jordan XIVs, Grant Hill's Fila sneakers, and so on were the thing; when 190E Benz and BMW were really happening; when these 'Kotos' will send their "semester" photo albums from Germany and drive my hood crazy with longing.

When we used to celebrate folly and ‘dumbassness’; when being constantly in the wrong was all right; when being in deep trouble or looking for someone to put you in deep shit became a pastime

Those years when we can mock, tease and yell at each other late at night, sometimes as late as 2 or 3am, and we wouldn't care whose parent was sound asleep; when ‘Eh-Ju-Kay-Shun’ was a waste of time and school was more fun when skipped; as well as other absurdities that are really out of place for for this piece LOL

Those days we thought we had it all figured out; some of my home boys thought their travel to Germany, Swiss or Italy was a sure thing, meanwhile I was going to pursue my Basketball dreams in America, and we’ll all come back home someday and live bigger lives; it was as if we were in absolute control of the plans we make.

Thank God I have lived to tell the tale, and to fix my life. I know I cannot polish all the messes, but I am trying; I can’t resolve the regretful past but I can redraft my story; and may all my buddies who’re still trapped in the wilds also outgrow the ridiculousness, so that they will be able to make sensible and well considered life decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...