Tuesday 19 August 2014

Fated Poverty!



You know before I became poor, I used to have that notion that ALL broke people are broke on account of their lack of effort, family-supported laziness or self damage (as in drugs and classy idleness) - it could be true to some extent

….but the older I became, the further I got tossed by the winds of destiny; it felt like fate was twisting everything I thought I had figured out; I started walking in the shoes of neediness and seeing through the eyes of real hardship; and now I cannot but overstand that circumstances aren't always the way they appear.

I was perhaps so unfeeling to not appreciate the fact that "ability is nothing without opportunity", that ambition and intelligence devoid of the occasion to exhibit is almost hopeless, and having the right talent in the wrong place and with the wrong connections is a non-starter…May God lessen our burdens and bail us out of poverty

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...