Saturday 26 May 2018

The Gambia and sports...

Being an ex-athlete myself, watching the Senegalese World Cup team on LOBS TV, like it was done for Gorgui Dieng on TFM, and the wrestlers on 2STV makes me want to be Senegalese.

Theirs is unlike our half-hearted media; they embellish the stories behind these athletes so much you're mesmerised, and that's a good thing.

In the Gambia that Badou Jack comes from, certainly not devoid of athletes, what our media does is invite talentless experts on TV to talk about how "we need to develop grass roots sports."

I say fcuk that! Make the grass tops attractive for a change and see if the grass roots wouldn't be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...