Sunday 20 May 2018

Complexity is not as impressive as simple...

Complexity is not as impressive as we have been led to believe; simplicity is, and everyone loves simple. That's why informal is much loved; why barbecues are much livelier than galla dinners, and why when uptown kids go to the village, they don't wanna come back.

Unfortunately, we create complicated rules, oppress ourselves by them and don't even wonder what the hell is wrong with us.

Me? I'm glad I broke free from when I was three. So, if for instance, my being familiar with a certain dinner table set-up is what's gonna tell if I'm truly awake, I'd rather be taken for some primitive hunter eating bush meat round a campfire.

I refuse to go to have fun and not have fun, only because there's some idiot who's tryna see if I overstand a seven-piece table setting, or because everyone is looking at someone to take a first-course fork and knife for a main course fork and knife, or for a dessert/salad fork, or a coffee teaspoon for a soup spoon. Screw that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...