Sunday 1 October 2017

Glossophobia...

I have been fighting glossophobia my whole life and I couldn't graduate. So I prefer writing to talking. Do I admire people who are able to resist that crippling fear of putting themselves on a podium, yes. But I'm not ashamed that I still suck, and I'm not alone.

Someone said that "public speaking is the number one fear in America. Death is number two." So funny, yet so true. In fact, many a famous speechmaker throughout history was once terrified of public speaking, confessedly.

So I hate it when people ridicule others for their speech anxiety, or equating it to stupidity, and as if they themselves were born on a podium with silver microphones, when in fact their command of the art is but in the delivery of high sounding absolute nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...