Thursday 5 January 2017

Relativism of opinions...

Those old-time NBA reporters when commenting will extol every player’s move as either amazing or incredible, even where one of the moves was thwarted by the other. For instance: “what an incredible crossover by Gary Payton, but did you see that amazing steal that Scottie Pippen just pulled.”

See, by that commentary, Scottie stole the ball from Gary, but that doesn't make the latter's crossover any less incredible. Same way, I’ll read one argument on here and in my head I’ll be like: “wow, he’s got a point you know!” Then on the same thread, or on a separate status but the same topic, I’ll read a totally differing notion and I will say: “hell yeah, she’s got a point too!”


Now how can two conceive one thing differently and both are right? I know, it sounds insane. But then unlike instances where an assertion is supported by evidence, it'll be unfair to attach absolutes to the formation and conception of opinions and preferences; those are relative to the persons holding them. So it's safe to say that on here, everyone's entitled to his, provided it is not a blatant lie, gross disrespect, or a transgression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...