Thursday 5 January 2017

My way or the highway is no way!

Whilst some people are very good at reaching conclusions by applying rules of logic, others, irrespective of their academic background do tend to be so emotional in their process of overstanding - we are that different, I guess. So when you really and truly want to communicate, it's essential to either dumb down a bit or you occasionally raise the bar, depending on your audience(s)' exercise of reason.

When I used to come home worked up over the imbecility of certain people, my mom (RIP) will call me illiberal for expecting everyone to see things my way. She had this belief that be they fine minds or minds facing in the other direction, it's always possible to talk or even hangout with anyone and have a good time, and her prescribed means of attraction being the ability to use 'different strokes for the different folks' and not a 'my way or the highway' attitude - this helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...