Friday 18 April 2014

I want my childhood back!

What if I say I want my childhood back, that adulthood sucks; that I want to be like the two kids I saw around the Pipeline Mosque last evening, heartily doing the ‘Hunting/Devil’ dance, with neither drums nor the masquerade, just clapping and hopping and using their mouths as percussion, beatboxing it like they just don’t care 

My boy and I looked at them with warmhearted memories, obviously not expecting them to know what time it is, or to care if Viber is working or blocked.

They won't wish that time will speed up for the next pay-cheque, except if there’s an upcoming feast; they don’t overstand how the food in the house came about; they don’t have to worry about pay-less jobs, endless bills, pricey necessities, senseless ceremonies, unspeakable employers, frustrating relationships, friendships so green with envy…etc

AND unlike us, they don’t have to worry about not being able to be selfish; their whole world is just them and them alone.


BUT since no one can escape adulthood; we can only pray that ours will reasonably be free from undue stress, from stupid demands and hassles; from preventable downpression, from extreme dislike for one another, from redundancy, neediness and even self imposed hardships....Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...