Friday 18 April 2014

Gross Intellectual Product (GIP) - Negative!

I am very sorry to say this, but I think I am getting the scent of a ‘downturn’. I mean an Academic Recession; a very undesirable decline in our Gross Intellectual Product (GIP); LOL! I made that up, but that’s what I observe. I see could-have-been-thinkers acting like 'kiss-arse-creeps' and it makes me sad. I don’t know if they’re being stingy or just lacking in intelligence?

I swear to God, if they were worth their salt, my category wouldn’t have come here thinking we have an opinion or perhaps have everything figured out; from existence, faith, affairs of state, culture, procreation etc.

You see, my dad doesn’t need Wikipedia + Microsoft Word + Copy & Paste to write a strongly worded piece; but that is because my dad is an intellectual

If it had not been for the slowness of today’s scholars, #HighSchoolProducts like me wouldn’t have had leeway coming here and saying all these or attempting to flex intellect; but what else do you expect? If the dog cannot fright the thief away, the house parrot will, but then the dog better be sorry

Y’all are the reason I’m not excited about going to university. Y’all can’t seem to stop directing your intellectualism towards pointless directions. Is like y’all go to your Englands and Americas and Russias only to come back with decorated IDs, kill meritocracy, feeling intellectually superior to hardworking people, but forgetting that all you have is a piece of paper, you left the tangible qualifications behind; at Heathrow, JFK or Sheremetyevo Airports perhaps 

Be sincere and look at all the instruments and reference materials y’all are using at your places of work; your Service Rules, you Financial Instructions, HR Policies etc, who developed them? Weren’t they all products of people prior to you, some of whose education stopped at Standard 4, 5 or 6, they had no university degrees?

Some of these instruments should’ve been outmoded a long time ago, but you’re still using them. What have y’all discovered, invented or even innovated? Maybe spending all your time 'roundtabling' on roundtables, at 'talk-shops' and 'work-chops', saying the same piece of thing you’ve been saying since 19 O’long; why can’t you take a more practical route, since I didn't say it, but according to the grapevine your current flow sucks! 


Don’t y’all sit and ask why some of you are easily thrown away; why your employers don’t take you seriously; why you are easily decapitated? Don’t think! The answer is because all you needed was a job, and you thought having one means going by predetermined routines of unending paperwork, you do not see the need to exercise your intelligent judgement— feeling seriously disenchanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...