Monday 16 December 2013

Intentions

I sometimes sit and wonder where our everyday spirituality and seemingly devotional life goes; I wonder why we can’t relate to each other or even bring in the distinction connected to our kind of religious zeal.

I don’t know, maybe the apparent wretchedness of the fabric of our community is not on account of our actions but on the misplaced intentions [NIYYAH] behind our deeds.

Perhaps I am right; maybe most of us have very willing flesh but the spirit of humanity that should fill out our deeds are weak and questionable; and as a result, our admiration, brotherhood and keenness towards one another are at a complete loss.

No matter what, remember that none of us will ‘believe’ until we love for our brother what we love for ourselves; Let none of us be retiring to give somebody a hand, to rally round someone or give guidance and let none of us get insulted or pompous to accept such guidance and assistance.

BLESSED LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...