Wednesday 4 December 2013

Even Cravings Grow-up

When I was young, I used to be a very big lover of sneakers…Concrete gratitude to my mum {Allah Bless Her Soul} and my good ‘peoples’, through them I was privileged to kick a lot of kicks; even earned reputation at high school and on the court...

Those days, I could trade my ‘Mboubi Julli’ for a pair of Air Jordans, Nike, Adidas, Converse, Reebok, or even a Puma or the Grant Hills (Fila)… some shoes I wanted badly just dangled on my cravings like dreams never come true...
 

Now I guess because I have grown-old/up and in charge of my own S***, all I take pleasure in, is the thought of starting and building up my own shoe line or some clothing label perhaps; sometimes I think I am being excessively ambitious, but that’s what’s up; it is tremendously important that we at some point in time, let go all silly instincts, flawed perceptions and needless cravings and develop our senses of purpose….but unfortunately most adults these days just can't get that….

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...