Monday 30 December 2013

My high school teacher....

Once upon a time, I had this literature teacher at high school; in point of fact it was because of him I wanted to drop English Literature for Commerce. Dude never liked me; I don't know, maybe because I never tucked in my uniform; I never sat at the front row of his class acting smart and all; and I even never raised my hand to answer any asinine question.

AND even though I wasn't bothered about exceptional grades, I can’t but brag that my admirable graduation results got me thinking up till now, if he wasn't even docking my grades. His being there in one room with me was so much bad news that I chose the garden and the Basketball lawn over his class.

We met for the first time after donkey’s years, and unexpectedly he recognised me; as we were chatting [a luxury I never had at school], he asked if I do see some of his finest and beloved students, but perhaps by the twist of fate, half of the names he asked about are as possessed as I was when I was young; he called me ‘retard’ back then, but now half his bests are ‘fuck-tards’; all seriously out of tune and consumed by very reckless lifestyles. 


I guess whilst I was habitually at the garden waiting for his ‘period’ to come to an end, he perhaps failed to enlighten them on how school alone is not enough to lead a successful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...