Thursday 30 August 2018

Traffic today....

I've seen some really sound and fair-minded traffic officers ayard, and I respect them; they characterise hope. But... sometimes, when you meet the very unreasonable ones, you lose all grounds of hope - the ones who act as if overseeing traffic means waiting to be offended, and like every perceived offence is an affront to their pride.

Earlier today, around Jimpex, allowing a friend to alight, given the terrible elevation of the eroded roadway, and the ride's ground clearance, I had two options: to slant on a fairly even slope by the junction and give way to the coming traffic, or advance and force the ride into the shoulder drop-off, risking scrape, or even breaking my bottom plate, and I wasn't gonna do that.

From about fifty metres away, I could hear this traffic officer coming and storming like he just spotted the nation's most wanted fugitive or something: "HEY, DRIVER, HEY! STOP... BELAHI WOLAHI TA'LAAHI, TODAY YOU'RE GOING TO COURT." What for? I asked. "For obstruction," he said.

Well, given the rass-claat condition of every blood-claat road ayard and the traffic at the time, I did what I thought was practical, but the man insisted on the allegation that I violated section something of some ordinance I can't remember. He called the section: "Particulars of Offence." Perhaps because I didn't give him the impression of being educated like I usually don't, he asked if I knew what the word "particular" implies... I was like, wow! Now potopoto is on the point of catching fire.

But because I was getting tired of the blathering, and his lack of respect for those who were trying to talk him out of whatever he thought he had against me, I thought massaging his ego may help: "Sir, on a scout honour, I'm sorry!"

"Now we are talking. That's what you should've done from the start... apologise!" He said and then went on: "you're Touray from where...? Are you down now (whatever that means)?" while stretching out his hand to my chest as if checking my pulse for trepidation, and that got me mad. But my disapprobation triggered another offence: "talking back to a police officer." He took out his phone and said he was recording everything I was saying... that, now, my going to court is not about my "conduct" but my "action" - perhaps he meant the other way round... looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...