Wednesday 29 August 2018

About the SSHFC Staff Protest

I’m not one to get involved in workplace politics or some other people's wahala but, I wouldn’t diss the staff of Social Security just because I was made to believe that the extent of public interest reasons tending against their protest should prevail over every claim or displeasure they hold.

For my part, admissibility of their claims, or the uprightness, prudence, or austerity that management is trying to show signs of can only be determined by objective assessment, which objectivity we are nearly losing by the preconceived notion that what management did was required in the interest of the public, particularly “poor pensioners.”

I’m neither a legal person nor pretending to be one, and the staff, in lieu of putting up with the changing environment, can kick rocks if what they have is no smoking gun, but... even I know that no matter how badly we think disregarding the staff is needed in the public interest, we cannot disregard what they may have against management just like that.

In fact, I ask: what reasons do we have to doubt the credibility of the staffers' line of protest other than what we were fed, which the members of staff are refuting as just a smokescreen - y'know, the: “Eh, n’ko! These people are just disgruntled because we had to keep a tight rein on their Ososu...?” Again... like I said, not my wahala!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...