Saturday 5 September 2020

Just do you...

Lady Mae (from the series “Greenleaf”) said: 'if we avoided every place where enmity and strife once confounded us, we’d all be stranded where we stand," and I believe she’s right.

I take LeBron for instance would've been "stranded" in Cleveland, and probably not have been the most recognisable face that he is in the NBA today, if he had worried more about the boos and hisses that followed his decision to take his talents to South Beach.

You see... sometimes, what makes the 'yay!' or a 'mom, I made it!' moment merrier is looking back at the disapprovals you endured from those who saw you as inadequate, even for what you're sure you can and just want to be the best at. 

So I say if you're going to be damned anyway, it's better to be damned for doing what you feel in your heart to be the right thing to do, than be damned for losing an opportunity that could've changed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...