Tuesday 2 October 2018

Truth doesn’t always attract goodwill

In today’s Gambia, especially on social media, good opinion is mostly from an emotional base. If you think I’m lying, identify your target, say what appeals to their prejudices, even if it’s so much fervour about nothing, or just you playing the devil's advocate, let it appear to claim as have they, and there you have your goodwill.  

But hear this, Rasta! The agreeable reaction thereof is only until you go back to keeping it real. That’s when you’re renamed a “hypocrite” – and that’s how I came to overstand that in fact, truth doesn’t always attract goodwill. So, my guiding principle: write whatever the heck you want to write, just don’t pontificate and don’t fuck with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...