Friday 9 June 2017

Gambia - I thought I should say this:

I believe there's a difference between 'truth to power' and 'attack on power.' I think the latter's an attempt to detract power from its worth and credibility, while the former's about standing firm against unjust acts, disservices, monocracy or like they call it in Nigeria: "bigmanism." I believe truth to power is about reminding power of it's responsibilities even if unnerving, but with courtesy, reason, and tact.

Yes, it's not unnatural to cross some lines here and there, but one shouldn't allow oneself to be pushed over. Truth to power is not about trampling on the constitutional rights, perks, and every privilege of power, because that'll be plain rude. And to be honest, half of the supposed "truth" being hurled against power on here lately are just attacks. Finally, if getting this out of my chest means I'm being a "hypocrite," then glory hallelujah I'm a "hypocrite."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...