Thursday 14 November 2013

Test Blog

My ‘Campeh’ (hangout) used to be this man’s route from work and invariably when he closes; he’ll pluck a piece of ‘Nana’ (aromatic plant) from his stalk to give us, saying it was his contribution to the ‘Warga’ (Brew). Sometimes we’ll brew and send the best ‘Cass’ on to him, not because of the weight of his 25/50bututs ‘Nana’, but as show of consideration and admiration of his unassuming personality.

Just this morning I saw this man after many years, I’m sure he didn’t even remember me, since am all grown now. He needed something and I did him the favour. I could see how thrilled and seemingly surprised he was about the unbelievable assistance, but he didn’t know he planted it; that I was only reciprocating the respect he earned himself from my whole crew and I a long time ago.

When I was done, I told him who I was and why I did what I did; so he was like; "this is why it is good to cultivate the attitude of goodwill towards people, you wouldn’t know when it may come in handy" …not everyone you’ve being good to will give you the slip of their loyalty; real ones will remain true and real no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...