A wise man once told me that people who’re really and truly wealthy hardly ever go broke; they have cash flow issues perhaps. By his theory, if you go broke as I’m in the habit of, you were only ‘chapteh’ (you had some economic fluke); so you were actually not rich in the exact sense of the word.
I don’t know about that, but here’s a fact: how much you’re really worth is the value of everything you own, minus all your debts; ask any accountant.
Sometimes we’re so into the things that we own that we pay no attention to what we owe, and so we become ostentatious whilst deeply in debt - like that dude that was so indebted that he was so tormented that he’s now demented was like:
“Yo, nice kicks Mike! I had the same pair of Jordans that I lost with my Louis Vuitton backpack. They were on the passenger seat of my Bimma. Glad the thief didn’t touch my Rolex in my Armani suit.”
Tuesday, 1 August 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
B. F. Skinner said: “At this very moment enormous numbers of intelligent men and women of goodwill are trying to build a better world. But p...
No comments:
Post a Comment