Before the beginning of the demise of intelligent civilisation, there was so much empathy in humanity that once you've been there, gone through shit, your experience motivates a natural understanding of the thoughts, feelings, and emotional state of those going through the same shit.
Once that awakening, you cannot cultivate despair, neither do you have the heart to taunt nor vilify those enduring the same trying moment, because you know how it feels. I wish I could say the same for us today, especially seeing how even our news items are always about avoidable drama or someone else's misfortune.
Saturday, 12 August 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
B. F. Skinner said: “At this very moment enormous numbers of intelligent men and women of goodwill are trying to build a better world. But p...
No comments:
Post a Comment