Where I come from, we call it ‘yaroo ndik yorror’ – the obedience of someone who is because he or she cannot be anything but meekly obedient. I mean those who when in need of you, pretend modesty, being as soft as the foreskin (derri dambal).
Push them to break out of their need; facilitate their climb up the ladder, support them to obtain a new identity and you’ll become their first if not their biggest nemesis. This is why I think they Kenyan proverb is unfair; it’s not only the donkey that says thank you with a kick. Humans do it all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
B. F. Skinner said: “At this very moment enormous numbers of intelligent men and women of goodwill are trying to build a better world. But p...
No comments:
Post a Comment