In The Gambia, geography seems to determine the quality of a product. So, once I was coming from abroad, got some wrist watches as 'yobal.'
And because our's is a community where every friend of mom and dad is an uncle or aunt, before I knew it, I ran out of gifts to give.
The following morning, I went to the Albert Market in Banjul to restock. Knowing the value that folks attach to stuff from foreign, Europe and America especially, I didn't tell... well, until now. LOL!
Friday, 15 September 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
The other day, I saw this wildlife video of a lion trying to prey on a group of wilderbeests, and then they just turned around and started c...
No comments:
Post a Comment