Gambia - coming on social media to cast aspersions, just for the heck of controversy, and perhaps because it’s how you see it happen elsewhere is neither "building" an enviable "New Gambia," nor is it keeping The Gambia Gambian.
I have said this before and I will reiterate: some tendencies, beliefs, norms, attitudes and behaviours are people and geography specific. And really, the level of disrespect, pseudo-intellectualism, gutsy lampooning and trash talking on here lately is so NOT us.
Maybe some are too young to remember how it was before July '94, maybe too forgetful or too unwilling to appreciate how ours was generally a politics of wits, of tolerance and mutual jokes, known by the Wolofs as 'Kalantu' and 'Sanawuyaa' in Mandinka. Or maybe like NAWEC, we need prayers - some serious soul searching. Maybe I'm too old school or too "hypocritical," but I thought I should say this... suma yown si golo bussi pudaroo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
B. F. Skinner said: “At this very moment enormous numbers of intelligent men and women of goodwill are trying to build a better world. But p...
No comments:
Post a Comment