I have an opinion... on weed, and I'll say it! Whether I 'pohn' or not will remain a 'kumpa' even to Kumba.
My take is unlike President Jimmy Carter's. He said: “penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself.” And that's exactly what the (unfair) war on weed is doing. I write this in honour of buddies who are still trying to get their lives back after the prison shitstem robbed them of valuable time.
The irony is, the herb's prescribed to regulate epileptic seizures, used for the treatment of glaucoma, asthma, anxiety, PTSDs, etc. yet we frown on its recreational use, and not on tobacco and alcohol; why is that? See Babylonian injustice? See why intelligent civilisation is calling for decriminalisation, if not total legalisation?
I'm of the theory that anything's capable of being abused, especially when made illigal. Yeah, when a thing's decriminalised, "abuse" drops to "use" because that macho image, and thrill in the illicit will no longer be there. Ask any sincere fornicator, they'll tell you how their urge dropped from kinky to normal soon after their unions got legitimised.
Friday, 15 September 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
B. F. Skinner said: “At this very moment enormous numbers of intelligent men and women of goodwill are trying to build a better world. But p...
No comments:
Post a Comment