I used to have a thing for taking offense even where offense may not necessarily be intended, trying to get revenge and responding to every nonsense or act of perceived mockery, not knowing that in doing so, the one intending to offend wins by way of the satisfaction he gets in bringing me down to his level.
But the fool I was never occurred to me until I came across this wise quote that: "he who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
You know there are many types of fools, but leading amongst fools are two. Number one is the one that is not exposed to reality, but pretend...
No comments:
Post a Comment