John Milton is credited with the saying that: "the mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." I Agree! And so I think it's important to know what to focus one's thoughts on/to.
Making one's sincere thoughts known is a noble thing. However, the extent of alarms being sounded on social media, and some of the positions on non-issues being pointed out as deserving reprehension about this "#NewGambia" can cause one to want to bail out of the implied apocalypse that's about to happen.
But when you look around real life, and do your own appraisal, unbiassing your mind as much as possible, you wonder whether the forecasted dysfunction in some of the criticisms is in fact a stance on principle or just a fit of pique. I just hope we're not inveighing against things to annoy one another, because that'll be so nasty and so inconducive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
A little bird told me, one who is motivated and inclined to excel will enable rather than detract others, and is more than likely to be more...
-
The other day, I saw this wildlife video of a lion trying to prey on a group of wilderbeests, and then they just turned around and started c...
No comments:
Post a Comment