Saturday, 10 June 2017
Charity...
Charity that I know is when you give to someone who cannot repay you. Giving to someone as fortunate as oneself may cultivate goodwill and strengthen bonds, but it's not charity; call it gift exchange. What's even more uncharitable is when the wretched willingly gives to the affluent, either as a bait, or a bribe, like poor communities be depriving their own to give to politicians.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
B. F. Skinner said: “At this very moment enormous numbers of intelligent men and women of goodwill are trying to build a better world. But p...
No comments:
Post a Comment