So I asked this my instructor of a lawyer why judges are referred to as "Lords" and "Worships," and he said: "we represent God on Earth." Whether he was kidding me or not, I couldn't tell but my opinion is, except by sanctifying grace, no honourific prefix can elevate a natural human being beyond regular.
To me, the only thing that resembles a representative of God on this planet is 'TIME.' Time as in consequence, as the master, and the thing of essence; time that changes things, reveals true colours, renders grief finite and brings forth new beginnings; time that reminds you of how real your struggle was; time that heals wounds and gives hope, and time as in 'Surah Al Asr' (The Declining Day, The Time).
Tuesday, 26 April 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You only get one life to live...
I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...
-
You don’t want to be exposed to any possible failure, but you want an enterprise built in your name. You don’t want to think hard or do more...
-
So, I had this conversation with myself: 1. The President is in the position to name his Cabinet. Now what? 2. It is a coalition gover...
-
A little bird told me, one who is motivated and inclined to excel will enable rather than detract others, and is more than likely to be more...
No comments:
Post a Comment